To enable people to have confidence in the Word of God, in order that they might discover and deepen their relationship with Christ, our Savior and Lord, by teaching people to defend their faith.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the verbally inspired Word of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We consider the accounts found in Genesis 1-11 to be factual historical events, and find no Biblical, hermeneutical or exegetical basis for their allegorical interpretation.
- We consider the patriarchal narratives to be historical, and accept the Biblical chronologies of the Old and New Testaments as accurate (although not necessarily exhaustive).
- We reject the philosophy that all truth is relative, and that, therefore, no objective historical/scientific facts can be established. Instead, we hold to the premise that observed truth (from objective scientific observations) cannot be in conflict with revealed truth (from Spirit-guided interpretation of the Bible).
- We believe in one God, eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, true God and true man, that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and, that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and, that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that all who receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ, have been born again of the Holy Spirit, and have become children of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate, and that He is coming again, for all who believe.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe the Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith. Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- We believe in the Great Commission to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord to the uttermost parts of the earth.